Have you ever heard – I’m overweight because I have slow metabolism?
Ok, what is metabolism?
Metabolism is the amount of energy (calories) your body burns to maintain itself. No matter what you are doing, your body is constantly burning calories to keep you going, be it eating, sleeping, drinking or cleaning.
- Dieting alone will not increase your metabolism but addition of exercise will. If you’ve never exercised in your life, try doing that. Although some metabolic problem may be as a result of medical issues, so it is important to see your doctor. Start increasing your muscle masses through resistant workout such as using hand weights, lifting weights etc. Aerobic is also important in reducing your body fat, exercises like jogging, walking, swimming or dancing. Do this for like 3 times a week for 30/45mins.
- Secondly, you have to eat. Your weight loss shouldn’t centre on dieting because really it won’t work and you maybe starving yourself. Your body is smart and knows when you don’t eat enough, so once you stop dieting and go back to the normal you. Your weight will go up 2 times than before. Watch the type of food you eat, read food labels, take time when shopping and stay off unhealthy fat. Truth is you will never lose weight/fat starving, never, tried and tested.
- If you love fizzy drinks, soda or caffeine please drop them and move to water. It helps in losing weight and healthy for the body. If you want some taste to your water add slices of lemon or lime or other fruits to it.
- Consume complex carbohydrates and high fiber food, such as grape fruits, nuts, seeds, and vegetables. You might have heard eat 5 a day. It simply means eating 5 fruits and vegetables a day. Try to eat 5 to 6 small meals a day instead of having 3 large meals, add your fruits and vegetable to it. People come up to me and as what lotion I use, I always laugh because the secret is water, fruits and vegetables. Learn to eat in moderation, use small plates to avoid eating much. Because its vegetable or fruits doesn’t mean you have to eat a basket of apple watching movie.
- Reduce consumption of process food and refined sugars. Let your meals be full of vegetables, fruits, proteins like turkey, chicken fish, and beans but in moderation.
MODERATION IS THE KEY