Its almost the end of the year and I know a lot of us started by setting a new year resolutions of losing weight and keeping it off. Some of us have not actually gotten to where we want to be while others did not even make a move. You might have tried but given up, this is another opportunity to redeem that promise you made to yourself on losing weight and staying fit.
I was taking a stock of how my last year September was and I can vividly remember that by middle of September I weighed 86 kg, today I weigh 65 kg which is 21 kg loss in 2012, making it a total of 75 kg loss, still have 5 kg more to lose. It might be small for some people, but for me I love the slow pace of losing weight because I was able to avoid having too much excess skin and I love food too.
Back to the post………………..
The 8 weeks challenge was a success and so I thought it will be wonderful to have another challenge but this time 12 weeks, Xmas is coming and we all will love to look good considering that we meet a lot of people during Xmas, old friends and new ones.
I am starting a new weight loss challenge come September 1st. Opportunity to lose weight, achieve lasting results, feel better about yourself and learn what it takes to succeed….basically its eating to lose weight.
Reasons to join
The 12 weeks weight loss challenge is an easy way of helping you feel better about your body, fitness level and change in lifestyle. Its about sharing your experience with other like minds, sharing your challenges, the downs, ups and having a support system that won’t criticize you but help you in achieving those goals. The most important thing is having a supportive system that will keep you motivated, correcting you in love and helping you with questions that might be confusing.
A lot of people live their lives dieting in and out, trying anything just to get result or to convince themselves that they are meant to be fat or overweight. You are in the position to tell your body how to look, things to change and how to go about it. The body can do whatever you want it to do, that’s how God made the body. Avoiding carbs, staying off most food groups or just counting calories can be a waste of time. It can be frustrating and depressing. Whats important is not over doing things, make changes that you can live with not something you will stop after losing weight. This is the single reason why most people who lose weight re-gain the weight and in most cases even adding more.
This challenge will give you vital guide on how to look at food, remember that obesity and overweight is as a result of unhealthy lifestyle.
To start this challenge, we will have to:
1) Weigh yourself on an empty stomach (when you haven’t eaten anything), weigh in naked to get the proper number and write it down.
2) Measure your body with tape and write it down, areas to measure are:
- Bust: Measure around the chest right at the nipple line, but don’t pull the tape too tight.
- Chest: Measure just under your bust
- Waist: Measure a half-inch above your belly button or at the smallest part of your waist
- Hips: Place tape measure around the biggest part of your hips
- Thighs: Measure around the biggest part of each thigh
- Calves: Measure around the largest part of each calf
- Upper arm: Measure around the largest part of each arm above the elbow
- Forearm: Measure around the largest part of the arm below the elbow.
3) Get your water cans ready
4) Get rid of every single junk in your house; don’t keep it for your kids because they don’t need them.
5) Plan plan plan……if you don’t plan, you won’t success in this weight loss journey.
6) Get your fruits, veggies, carbs, fats, grains and protein all planned.
7) Get your workout DVD’s ready, if you don’t have, find other means of staying active. Just make sure you move your body daily.
8) Exercise, exercise and exercise… I always get “I don’t have time, I don’t have time” if you truly want it you must make out time. I know mothers with 5 or more kids doing it.
9) Drink at least 3-4 liters of water daily.
10) Weigh in every Saturday …if you don’t have scale, please buy 1
11) Get enough sleep
The challenge starts 1st of September. So you have time to plan ahead of time, get ready because week 1 will be fruity.
Feel free to share your success story whether scale related or non-scale victories (NSV). I will be tweeting and posting meal ideas on facebook page, follow me onTWITTER or like my FACEBOOK PAGE. If you need any help, tweet me OR post your question my facebook page using hashtag: #12weekchallenge.
Bookmark my blog for followup or download this blog on blackberry app world by searching my big fat weight loss j or follow my blog
First weigh in is Sunday, September 1st when the challenge officially starts. Don’t be scared, it doesn’t necessarily have to be weight loss, maybe just to be on a healthy track
Come back every Saturday to share about your week, good or bad, scale or non-scale related