- Freeze your fruits and ditch the ice.
- Use a thermos flask for your lunchtime smoothies.
- Use low fat/coconut/almond milk or coconut water instead of juice.
- If you must use juices, ensure they are freshly squeezed juices.
- Use Green Tea.
Recipe Sample: Be creative and intuitive, follow the measurements written beside the fruits and vegetables.
- 1 cup of spinach/lettuce/ugu (any green)
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- 1/2 cup unsweetened milk/almond/soy/coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 8 peanuts/cashew nuts
Ensure you blend your ingredients properly and stick to the plan
DINNER: wheat bread fish sandwich Ingredients (use as much veggies as you desire) – 2 servings
- 4 slices of wheat bread
- 1 Avocado
- Lemon (optional)
- cucumber (optional)
- Tomatoes (optional)
- Onions (optional)
- Season fish and grill, you can also use cooked (boiled) fish. I used garlic, cayenne pepper
- Toast your bread in bread toaster or pan if you don’t have toaster, do this under low heat
- In a small bowl, mix pepper (I used cayenne pepper), garlic and avocado (use 1 avocado for 2 servings) and a tablespoon of lemon juice (optional)
- Spread this mixture on the bread, add desired vegetables (cabbage, tomatoes, cucumber etc) and fish.
- Top with remaining bread slices. Cut sandwiches in half .
- Enjoy with a cup of green tea.
All the best and stay tuned to both channels and to the blog.