How is the challenge going so far? Hope you’re getting in at least 3o minutes of exercise daily? Remember exercise is great for the body not just weight loss. Someone said yesterday’s smoothie was bitter, lol. Well, it’s a detox smoothie so bear with us (life is bitter sometimes lol). Tomorrow is day 3 of Green smoothie challenge which consists of a Smoothie for Breakfast,a Smoothie for Lunch and a whole food for dinner. We are aware that you might not be able to find all the items on the shopping list in your environment, so please choose the fruits and vegetables that you can find. Be creative.
NOTE: You can take smoothie for breakfast and dinner, then eat main meal for lunch. We are aware of the fuel and power problem in Nigeria, if you cannot blend your smoothie, measure out your portion and eat it (chew it) You are allowed 2 snacks a day but must be either fruit or veggie REMEMBER: Freeze your fruits and ditch the ice. Use a thermos flask for your lunchtime smoothies. Use low fat/coconut/almond milk or coconut water instead of juice. If you must use juices, ensure they are freshly squeezed juices. Use Green Tea.
SMOOTHIE RECIPE (serves 2)
- 1/2 Cup Of Mango Or Pineapple Or Banana
- 1 Cup Of Coconut/Almond/Soy/Low Fat Milk/ Coconut Water/Green Tea Or Water
- 1 Teaspoon Of Cinnamon /Spirulina/WheatGrass Powder (Optional)
- 2 Cups Of Spinach/Lettuce/Kale (Any Green Leaf)
Remember this is a ” Green Smoothie” Challenge so we are using green detoxing ingredients. Blend properly and Enjoy.
DINNER: Yam or sweet potato with vegetable and fish Ingredients (serves 2)
- 3 cups chopped yam or sweet potato
- 3 to 4 cups kale or Pumpkin Leaves or spinach or green (any green veggie)
- 1 Dry fish or 2 pieces of chicken or fish
- 1 tablespoon ground Crayfish
- 1 medium sized Onion bulbs
- 1 to 2 fresh tomatoes for color
- Salt and Pepper to taste (be careful, you might not need salt after using the cube stock)
- 1 cube stock
Before you cook
- Peel, cut , wash yam/sweet potato and set aside.
- Wash and cut the vegetable leaves into small pieces.
- Wash fish or chicken (cook with cube stock, thyme and garlic with 2 cups of water), then separate the stock from the meat/fish once its done.
- Chop onions and tomatoes into tiny pieces.
- Get your crayfish and pepper ready by blending
- In a pot, add yam/sweet potatoes, fish (i used dried fish) chopped onions and tomatoes, fish, garlic, ground crayfish and pepper.
- Allow to cook down for 5 minutes (until the fresh tomatoes cook down well)
- Add the fish or chicken stock the pot, cover and cook for 15 minutes until yam is very soft.
- Add the vegetables, cover the pot and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir and taste for salt, if its not tasty then add s pinch of salt