Tomorrow is day 5 (finally day) of Green smoothie challenge which consists of a Smoothie for Breakfast,a Smoothie for Lunch and a whole food for dinner. We are aware that you might not be able to find all the items on the shopping list in your environment, so please choose the fruits and vegetables that you can find. Be creative.
NOTE: You can take smoothie for breakfast and dinner, then eat main meal for lunch. We are aware of the fuel and power problem in Nigeria, if you cannot blend your smoothie, measure out your portion and eat it (chew it) You are allowed 2 snacks a day but must be either fruit or veggie REMEMBER:
- Freeze your fruits and ditch the ice.
- Use a thermos flask for your lunchtime smoothies.
- Use low fat/coconut/almond milk or coconut water instead of juice.
- If you must use juices, ensure they are freshly squeezed juices.
- Use Green Tea.
- A small bowl or handful of Spinach/Any edible leaf/Ugu/
- 1 Large cup of water
- 2 Carrots (Chopped & Cleaned)
- 1/2 a Banana
- 1 Apple (Optional)
- 1 Teaspoon of Spirulina powder/Flaxseed (Optional)
DINNER: Beans and chicken/fish salad (or vegetables) Ingredients (2 servings)
- 2 cups of cooked plain beans (any type of beans)
- fish or chicken ( boiled or grilled)
- seasoning (I used garlic)
- pepper and salt
- vegetable or salad (I used broccoli, feel free to mix up things)
- sunflower seed (optional)
Before you cook
- Boil beans (any type of beans, I used black beans) until it’s properly cooked not mushy
- Season fish or chicken and cook or grill (I used grilled fish)
- Chop/cut fish or chicken in cubes
- Wash and cut vegetable/s
- In a pan over a low heat, add beans, fish or chicken, vegetables and season to your taste.
- Allow to simmer for 3 mins, serve warm
- You can add some seeds of it (optional )