Welcome to the first week of the habit challenge!!! Consider this as a fresh start and that things are about to change. This is the first step to changing your lifestyle, it’s a gradual process. The fun thing about this challenge is you don’t have to set any goal on weight loss but on changing those habits. This is week 1 of weeks habit challenge, it will consist of simple and fresh weekly. You can participate by leaving a comment on how you are getting on daily/weekly. So what is this week’s challenge? Drinking up, oh yeah WATER This week will be all about fixing our intake of water and reducing fizzy drinks . My mum introduced me to drinking water and since then I have perfected the act lol. I love water and it has helped in my weight loss, firm skin and healthy skin. The general recommendation for an adult is a minimum of 8 to 12 glasses of water a day. Here are some benefits of drinking water:
- It detoxifies the body
- It increases your metabolism
- Protects your organs etc
How to carry out this challenge:
- What is your water source: personally, I love tap water and that’s what I drink. You don’t necessarily have to buy bottle water but if you want to that’s great.
- Get a good cup size, I love drinking straight from my bottle lol
- Decide how you prefer your water, am not a fan of cold water so I stick to room temperature water. If you love cold water then drink it, don’t make excuse and not drink water. You can also add lime or lemon for some taste.
- Make it a daily habit. Don’t worry about going to the toilet often, its normal and your body adapt to it.
- Try and stay away from fizzy drinks, try ice tea (just add ice to your plain tea)
- Drink water first before eating, helps me stay full. Because sometimes I might be really thirsty, this helps in eating less.
If you are having issues on this challenge do leave a comment below Drink up…