Went grocery shopping and heres what I got
- Minced meat (chicken and lean beef)
- Rice paper (will post recipe here soon)
- Apples and oranges
- Pumpkin vegetable
- Green bell pepper
- Pitted date
Since I’m prepping my meal for the week, let me share what I’m making. I love fresh and homemade food, I’m not the best cook out there but I love to try. I can’t imagine eating dry burger patty. Its very simple to make juicy and tender patties.
- 500g minced lean beef
- 1/2 onions (grated)
- Parsley flakes
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder or fresh
- 2 tbsp flaxseed or 1 egg (I used flaxseed)
- 1/2 a stock cube
- Spray oil (coconut oil or olive oil)
Preheat oven at 180 degrees or grill
- Add the ground beef and grates onions, stock cube, pepper, garlic, mix well.
- Break the meat up with your hands. Gently mix everything together until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Divide the mixture into desired portion sizes and form loose balls. Flatten the balls.
- Grease the baking pan or grill with cooking spray oil.
- (If you’re grilling:- grill the burgers, covered, until nicely browned on the first side.
- Or bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip burgers after 5 minutes and continue cooking for a few minutes more until desired.
There you have it, very easy to make. I made chicken and lean beef
Buy your meat yourself then mince it, this way you’re sure of the meat has no skin or fat in it. I buy from shoprite and I beg them to mince for me…. they always help.
Try this out, also know what you’re buying.