- 1 cup Non-Fat Plain or Greek Yogurt (if you are using Greek yogurt add 1 tbsp water)
- 2 tbsp Lemon or Lime juice
- 1 or 1/2 onions or 2 green onions (chopped finely)
- 1/2 to 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Half bell pepper (finely chopped)
- Pinch of salt
- Black pepper
- Place all the ingredients except the salt + pepper in a small mixing bowl and thoroughly mix in a bowl.
- Then, season w/ salt+pepper until desired flavor is achieved.
- Tip: You can also toss everything in a blender and mix into a puree
I use mine as a dip and salad dressing
Parsley Yogurt dip
- 2 cups Plain non fat or Greek Nonfat Yogurt(if you are using Greek yogurt add 1 tbsp water)
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 to 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/8 cup water
- Basil leaves (like 8 leaves: optional)
- Puree parsley lemon/lime juice, pepper, oil, water and basil leaves in chopper/blender then mix in with yogurt and chill in a bowl for 30 minutes.
- Cut you pita bread into strips and toast for 5 minutes or until firm and crispy.
- Serve Pita with dip and enjoy.
Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip
This dip is simple to make and is great for parties or snack time. Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, or cut up vegetables.
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free or Greek yogurt
- 1 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and mashed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the yogurt, avocados, garlic, parsley and lime/lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Mix until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Put in a serving bowl and serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, or cut up carrots, cucumber etc
Curried Yogurt Dip
- 1 cup plain low-fat or Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp lime/lemon juice
- salt and black pepper
- sweet potato chips (baked to crisp)
- In a bowl, mix together the yogurt, curry powder, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with the sweet potato chips or any chips of your choice.
Cucumber Yogurt Dip
This can be served with spring rolls, samosa, vegetables or anything really.
- 1cup yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, deseeded and grated
- 1 handfuls chopped mint
Put everything in blender or food processor and mix together.